Monday, January 19, 2009

Icky, icky, puke breath...


So, I'll keep this short, but I guarantee that it won't be sweet.

Last night my lovely little girl came into our bed, which is a regular occurrence.
I was trying to stay up late to get back into the graveyard swing. I had just fallen asleep around 1ish when she came into bed. So with me, Tom, Kendra, Bear, & Aurthur we all managed to find a 'comfy' spot to pass out in. Until, that is Kendra started grunting and moaning in pain. Then she started yelling that she had to puke.

There I am, in a sleep induced stupor, trying to carry my gagging child down the hall so she can hurl in the throne and not in the bed. Cuz, really, nobody likes changing the sheets at 4:08am.
All the while, thinking, "Can Tom not hear her??" Well, yes he could and he confessed earlier today that he watched me lumber to the door trying to make it to the bathroom whilst awkwardly carrying a flailing child on the verge of vomiting.

So after hours of puking and dry heaving, she finally fell asleep. Me and Tom, we stayed awake with the puke bucket at the ready just in case. Breathing in the lovely aroma of vomit breath every time she rolled over. Then it would be his turn and I would get the feet in the back. Hard to decide which one was worse...

He got up around 8ish?? and I tried to 'rest' until 11ish. All the while, Kendra was running around chasing the dog and acting like it was some other poor child puking their guts out for hours the night before.

One would think that she'd have a little compassion for her parents who watched over her the whole night and have a nap during the day so we could do the same. I know, I'm having delusions of grandeur.... They're mine to have. Leave me alone.

So, anyway, we put her to bed around 7pm tonight and she concocted 'bad dream' stories and hunger until 8:30 when I finally threatened her with certain shock treatment and beatings.(for those of you who think I would actually do such a thing...you're a moron.) She went back to bed and is now blissfully asleep until such a time as she isn't. Which could be any moment now......

So, I'm blogging and Tom is watching Star Trek the Wrath of Kahn. Again. Oh God. Please make it stop. He has watched this freekin movie at least 4 times in the last week. Right now Khan is doing something to the Genesis thingy and Spock has found an unknown energy source. "Scotty I need warp speed in 3 minutes or we're all dead....." Nobody does it like the Shatner!! Kill me....
Well, good night, and well, you,know, get a life.....

2 comments:

  1. Hope the darlin' is better, and so are you.
    Good night

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole vomiting thing is AWEFUL. It's good to hear that she's doing better.

    ReplyDelete